455 2x4 offenhouser inlet

Mark,

Just wanted to share my experience with the Offy Dual Quad with you.

I agree that there is more power to be made with the TA intake, but if you don't mind sacrificing some power for the "look", by all means do it. Ive been using the Offy Dual Quad for over 6 years now with suprisingly good results. When I put together this intake system over 10 years ago, I tried duplicating what was then no longer available from Kenne-Bell...their dual Quad set-up. They used (2) Carter Competition 750cfm AFB's. At that time Carter was out of business. Anyway I have a 67 GS with a TA 464,ported STAGE 1 heads,TA 608 HYD. cam,12 to 1's, Swich Pitch 400, 4000 stall, and 4.10 gears. I use the Edelbrock 750 manual choke carbs that I leaned out a little by changing metering rods. Hood clearance is a major concern with my 67, but I was able to fit them with small air cleaners. Linkage is another concern. I started by purchasing Edelbrock's dual quad linkage set-up just for the end fittings. Their kit is too short for the approx. 9 inch center spacing. My machinist was able to fabricate the rods for me for a progressive set-up. I run mainly off the rear carb, and the front carb will start to open around the time the seconderies are opening on the rear. Yes there is a little trial and error involved, but if cosmetics are what you're looking for ,like I was, then go for it. I drive my GS very frequently on the street, and occassionally on the highway, with no complaints at all. I wanted that 60's look in my GS at the cost of some power. Hope you make the right decision, and feel free to e-mail me anytime for more info if I can help.Check out my engine shot on my profile.

Good Luck,

Chris

<a href="mailto:csalsano@aol.com">csalsano@aol.com</a>

<a href="mailto:christopher_salsano@kindermorgan.com">csalsano@aol.com">csalsano@aol.com</a>

<a href="mailto:christopher_salsano@kindermorgan.com</a>