A little progress on my 1920 K45

Frank Wilkie

Picking at my 1920 K45  from time to time. Still working on getting the motor un-stuck..  I worked on securing the REX ALL SEASONS Top in the rear section after finding the original mounting brackets. I installed today the rear side windows just to see how they would look on it..  It's different.  

DSC04854.JPG

DSC04852.JPG

DSC04853.JPG

DSC04858.JPG

103104317_10218541066738223_3502226495319249329_n.jpg

DSC04856.JPG

DSC04857.JPG

• Like 1

Frank, 

That is a very different look.  If that glass is original it should be replaced with tempered glass on the sides and rear, and safety glass in the windshield.  Did you find that you were able to replace the windows in an instant as advertised.  They look rather large and heavy.   The sales brochure makes it look like the side windows are 1/2 way rolled down, so that can't be right.

So now I am wondering what is the difference between a California top (1925 Buick) and a Rex top?  

Hugh

In the brochure it shows a different design for the rear side window. This is 1923 Brochure so it appears they made a redesign for looks. My top was bought new in 1920 and put on by the Buick dealership.  REX made tops for different makes of cars and had brochures and just a page ad for the various cars.. 

• Like 2