Repaint Costs

Has anyone had their car repainted lately? Just wondering what the typical costs would run if painted at a decent shop. Any history would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Steve

Just got my Burgundy 1989 back from the paint shop last month. Took them over 3 months to complete the job. I have had a lot of work done at this shop and they only did a full repaint because I am a good customer. The job cost $3000, which included some redo of earlier repairs. Car is beautiful and I just love it.

Just to get fully wild, I also had the wheels redone up in Chicago at a cost of $150 per wheel. Totaled to nearly $750 including dismount, remount, balance and 2 trips to Chicago.

So now I have added nearly $4000 in a 160,000 mile car that is worth maybe $5000. Also added another $700 in brakes, spark plugs, wires, headlights, O2 sensor, brake relay and a few others.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I just love this car and I look at it as money well spent.

I did mine for the equivalent of $600 US. This was a masking job. The car still looks good. When its clean, it certainly looks and shines like any. Its not a base coat clear coat.

Its amazing enough that its a Reatta, and that many other cars with $#000 paint jobs don't look as cool.

Keep in mind mine is black so any slight screwup with the masking (there wasn't much) won't show up as much, but if yours is Maui Blue. . .

Remember to specify whether or not you want the bumpers painted or not, mine got painted by surprise. . . good thing I like it, I didn't at first but after looking at it for a minute. . . it looks like an improvement to me. I like the unpainted bumpers on every color.

Ask about the pin stripes, find out the price difference between stick on (its alright) and painted.

Good Evening,

Thanks for the replys. The costs are really all over the page. I guess that has alot ot do with who is doing the painting and how much prep work is required. I was thinking/hoping that you guys would report around $1,500.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Steve