1931 Chrysler CD Royal Deluxe Coupe

I am finishing up on a mechanical restoration of an all original 1931 Chrysler CD Royal Deluxe Coupe.

We removed the head and replaced the head studs since a few were broken. We have cleaned out the engine cooling passages, back flushed the radiator, and replaced the hoses. The water pump impeller was falling apart and we casted a new one.  A new water pump shaft was made. All fit together perfectly.. Cleaned and lined the gas tank and rebuilt the fuel pump. All the wheel cylinders and master cylinder needed replacement. We probably need to clean out and adjust the carb.

It starts very well, shifts and stops on a dime. I am looking forward to driving around the town.

I have one issue that I can’t seem to figure out. How does the drivers seat function? I am 6’ 4” tall and 260 pounds. I would like to adjust the seat as much as possible.

I can see that the seat bottom is stationary without adjustment. It looks like the seat back has adjustment by turning a small handle at the top of the seat.

Does this lean back the seat back? I can’t seem to get it to work. Is there any way to move the seat back further?

Thanks

Tom Wallace
Dayton, OH

s-l1600-2.jpg

• Like 1

If functioning the front seat back rest move forward and back. You may have to remove and free up the screw mechanism. Nice car, do you still have the tire covers that were in an older photo I have of this car? They were the "vinyl" covers not metal. I am working on a Royal 5 pass coupe.  PM me and we can chat. Rob