Intricate carburetor gaskets

carbking

I occasionally get a call from someone that just wants a single carburetor gasket.

With no offense meant to anyone, it is just not cost-effective for us to sell a single gasket, so have been suggesting the following to those that have a computer and a scanner:

Pick some gasket or something else, and using your computer software, scan the object and then print it.

Is the print actual size? I use Adobe Acrobat, and get an exact size match.

If you do not have software that will give the exact size, acquire it. There is lots of outdated software on Ebay cheap!

Once you are positive that you can print exact size prints, clean one of the castings, and place it on your scanner, and scan it.

Now, take a FLAT sheet of gasket material, place in your printer, and print the scan. You will now have a form to cut out (if you have trouble staying within the lines, find a five-year-old ;) ). Borrow fingernail scissors from your better half (the scissors have curved tips, and are great for cutting curves). Cheap hole punches are readily available on Ebay.

And no, I am not trying to put myself out of business. If you need more than just one gasket, give us a call.

Jon

Edited by carbking (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2