New to AACA, here's my Buicks. (78 and 84)

bobSoCal

• bobSoCal changed the title to New to AACA, here's my Buicks. (78 and 84)

The 84 is so nice Bob!  And the 78 is fantastic!  And yes, I used to have a 4 dr Limited in that color combo, although mine was thoroughly used up and gave me a lot of concerns. 

• Like 1

Thanks! I bet yours was sharp. I need to tackle the rear main seal on the 78. Also it's not been liking hot starts lately. I'm thinking

timing and maybe clean the distributor. It's gone pretty easy on me so far maintenance wise..    There was a LeSabre in that color combo for sale not too long ago.

Looks like it sold but here is a picture of that one. Would have looked great with the buick road wheels.

121033909_10158816124392953_296755501648798934_n.jpg

Edited by bobSoCal (see edit history)

Yes, it would look great with the road wheels but the LeSabre should have the smaller bolt pattern and it needs the other style Buick Rally wheels like were used on the Regals in 76-77.  

Ours was the Buick 350 engine.  It was pretty tired and with the overdrive transmission and a 2.4? rear axle it was pretty much dead.  Really should not have bought it but the color combo hooked me and, well, the rest is a history I don't want to go into.   That particular car almost cost the Buick Motor Division a 3X repeat customer... But I still love the style and design...Even my wife thought yours was Buickful. 

• Like 1

Both those cars are stunning Bob!  The rear main on my 78 Estate Wagon leaks as well, which is pretty common for the Buick 350's anyway (I think you have the 403 in yours).  When parked, I have the rear end slightly elevated the car angles slightly down in the front so it doesn't leak in the garage.  

Cheers,

• Like 1

Thanks Doug! I've heard not to use the rope type rear main seal as they are pretty much worthless. Needs to be the neoprene seal.

Mine(403) was leaking a drop or two a month. Much worse now. The car needs a diaper. Hope to get it replaced this next week.

Edited by bobSoCal (see edit history)