Looking for info on 76 Electra

I'm wondering what the value is for a 1976 Electra Park Avenue, 455, posi, power windows, locks, antenna, seats, A/C (ice cold), silver paint, repainted 8 years ago, vinyl roof, excellent interior (maroon velour) all the chrome, trim and wheels in perfect shape.<P>95,000 miles, two previous owners, runs great.<P>The only things I've found that aren't working are the Speed Warning and the switch for the power antenna. There is also a small rust spot at the back of the rear wheel arch.<P>Thanks for any replies.

'76 electra - not much. $1,000 maybe. it is a pig on fuel. it is a four door (i guess). it is absolutely not a desirable or collectible car.<P>i had one, with about 55k miles and very well maintained. lost a lot on the car but enjoyed it. you'd be lucky to get $1k for this car. keep it and drive it in the winter.

I've seen ads on the internet (can't remember where), asking for $2,500 US. I paid $2,500 CAN certified for my Electra Limited ($1500 US) which is in about the same shape as yours. Get between 12-14 mpg.

As the values on these cars are so low, it can make them a great bargain if this is the type of car you can live with. <P>It might not be collectible as it has "two too many doors", but it is still a nice looking vehicle. Also, as there aren't that many left, they could start appreciating in the future if you wait long enough, but that might be a while.<P>Fuel economy is not going to be anything to get excited about. Parts availability will be scarce in the salvage yards, especially for the bumper filler panels (which you might find in fiberglass replacements). Parts availability from GM is now non-existent on trim items and most anything else. Any kind of semi-major collision repairs could "total" the car.<P>Ultimate value in the future will relate to the cosmetic and mechanical conditions. That one rust hole might lead to many related problems later.<P>If you find a price guide, be advised that what you probably have is a condition 3 or lower vehicle. In one respect, it's probably not going to depreciate any more in the future so if things work out ok, it could be cheap transportation (if you can afford the gas). <P>So you could probably drive it a few years and sell it for what you paid for it. The fuel economy might not be that much different than one of the larger SUVs are now, so you get a lot of space for a little money. Just depends on how you look at it.<P>In any event, be an informed shopper.

That's funny how you mention the trouble of finding parts, as I have just finished that battle. I ordered the three bumper fillers and Right quarter extension today from Replica Plastics, and was lucky enough to get the last bumper shock GM has in stock (according to their computer), just waiting for it to get shipped up to my local dealer from Michigan.

Thanks for the info. It mostly confirms what I was thinking.<P>My Dad bought it for $2000 CDN, which I think is a good deal since it needs no work and looks pretty good. I'm expecting that we'll get at least 5 years with minimal costs for repairs and maintenance.<P>My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to have as much power as I had hoped. The air filter, cap, rotor and platinum spark plugs are all new. I was wondering if it would be worth removing the catalytic converter. Is it likely to be clogged after 90,000 miles?