Torque Converter ID

ThugPug98

I have a "new" C6 tranny that came with what I was told was a high stall converter.   I removed my current believed stock converter and I can't find any Identification on the outsides of either one.   They look similar but there is a difference in weight after I drained them.  Could I get a little help please?   I found codes inside on one of the gears that was the same in both which was "cpmpc c5tp-7926-B2"  The "new" converter came with a orange ish red mark on it while my current one has a black and a separate green mark.  I have found a PDF that shows torque converters of all kinds for all kinds of cars but I can't really find any that fit my situation

20210127_162102.jpg

20210127_162200_91051609001515.jpeg

Can you tell if the converter in question has been cut apart and re-welded. Compare the welds around the outside. If it is a high stall it will have been cut apart and modified. 

if it looks factory... probably not.

6 hours ago, Oldtech said:

The weld in question is the one around the outside rim. Probably just behind the "step:"

They cut them apart in a lathe to modify, then reweld in the lathe so looks pretty pro.

So does that mean it may be high stall modified or?

3 hours ago, ThugPug98 said:

So does that mean it may be high stall modified or?

Yes, A high stall will be a modified one.  If it's never been apart it's not likely. There are of course different ones for different stock applications but none are what I consider " high stall"

16 minutes ago, Oldtech said:

Yes, A high stall will be a modified one.  If it's never been apart it's not likely. There are of course different ones for different stock applications but none are what I consider " high stall"

My father informed me apparently the C6 never had a "high stall"T.C.  what are some details i should look for if it was modified?

I agree with father!  Look closely at the outside  weld. You may be able to tell if it has been cut and redone, or possibly a second weld where there isn't one on the stock TC. Scan_2021_01_23_21_55_50_570_001.thumb.jpg.ca73df5b6b154c1c49018ed41fbbf97a.jpg