WTB Maxwell Radiator Script

Akstraw

Several years ago at The Hershey Maxwell gathering, somebody had new brass embossed plates one could use if re-making an old Maxwell radiator.  I am interested in getting one of these, as I plan to have a new radiator made for my 25 this year.  It would be a nice addition, since the Maxwell name does not appear anywhere on the car.  If you have one available, or know the source, please let me know.  thanks!

Andrew

Thanks.  I am referring to the embossed plate that becomes an integral part of the radiator as shown near the top of this photo.

A885083B-4BE1-4137-9D58-9135DEDD6C0D.jpeg

Thanks for your reply, Joe.  This would be for my 1914 25-4.  I think the very minimum dimensions, including allowance for the seams, would be 6.5 in. tall and 23 in. wide.

Andrew

59445CCD-6B0B-4CE5-8950-8A6E481BD1AE.jpeg

The ones I have made up already are 6”x24”. I appear to not have metal on hand to make up another size, so I would need to place an order, unless your radiator man has it on hand. These that I already have would be $125 each. Make sure that you need that extra height and inform me. The price would be dependent on cost of material.

Joe Goss

Joe, Thank you very much for your reply.  The height was my estimate.  I will let the radiator builder know what size you have, and see what he thinks would be the minimum. Perhaps 6.0” will work.  I am going to see him sometime in January, weather permitting, so I will get back to you.  
Andrew