power window motor r&r

rocketraider

Anyone have any experience replacing a power window motor in a 66 B-body car? Car in question is a 66 Bonneville Brougham coupe. 66 Fisher manual wants to remove the entire regulator assembly from the door and replace the motor on the bench. Trouble is, this operation also requires removal of the window glass, and the window won't go down so we can get at the attaching bolts mad.gif .

Later FB manuals had templates that you could use to drill holes in the door structure at the motor mounting screws, remove the screws and replace the motor with regulator assembly in the car. Anyone tried that procedure on a 60s car? I've done it on a couple 70s cars and it works great.

We are well aware we're dealing with a hazardous spring, and that's why I don't want to fool with the regulator if I can get around it.

Its been quite a while but I removed door glass from a '66 88 convert with power windows that were in the raised position by using a combination box/open end wrench to remove the nuts holding the glass to the sash. I remember having trouble with a couple of the bolts turning and having to reach through to the back side of glass and holding the bolt heads with visegrips

I also recall seeing in a monthly issue of a Olds Service Guild training manual the locations for drilling access holes. '65-'66-'67 year range????? I'll try to see if I have that issue in my set later this weekend. Henry.

December 1965 Oldsmobile Service Guild training manual, page 104 has the information on the hole drilling locations. Power Window Motor R&R ...procedure applies to all 52 through 86 Series 2-door styles.... Takes a 3/4" hole for access. If you don't have an issue of this(and I cann't imagine you not having one) I can send the listed measurments. Henry

My 65 Service Guild set is incomplete- missing November and December. If you can send me a copy of the template and instructions from the Service Guild, much appreciated.

You know, I have every Service Guild issue from 1959-83 except those two and the 1966 set, which I have been chasing for several years. The 70 was easier to find than the 66 has been crazy.gif .