Mechanical brake adjustment question on 35

Buick35

I finally got around to adjusting the cables on my 35s brakes.The rear brake cables were so loose when brakes not applied that you could jump rope with them! Anyway after adjusting the slack out of them I now have a clunking sound when I step on the brake petal.I think it's coming from where the two metal rods cross each other that attach to the rear cables.If that's the case,would a piece of rubber hose over one of the rods help? I might try that. Like I say they were so loose I think I only had front brakes working,I hope to road test it tomorrow.Greg

21 hours ago, Buick35 said:

I finally got around to adjusting the cables on my 35s brakes.The rear brake cables were so loose when brakes not applied that you could jump rope with them! Anyway after adjusting the slack out of them I now have a clunking sound when I step on the brake petal.I think it's coming from where the two metal rods cross each other that attach to the rear cables.If that's the case,would a piece of rubber hose over one of the rods help? I might try that. Like I say they were so loose I think I only had front brakes working,I hope to road test it tomorrow.Greg

What year and model of car are you working on?  Also, where are you located?