Timing a 34 KA

Thorholt

Hello Everyone, does anyone have some basic info on timing a 34 KA 414 V-12? The distributer was removed by someone else and disassembled, I have reassembled it and I know there is a special fixture to get it set correctly but I would like to get it close enough to run before going any further, I have got the engine on #1 (driver side bank) compression stroke and used a camera to find TDC or real close to it, I then pointed the rotor to the marked #1 terminal on the distributer cap and moved the point cam until the points were just starting to open, I then hooked up the rest of the wires to match the labeling cast into the distributer cap, My question is if I used the correct set of points to time it for the left bank and right bank, Does anyone know if the point sets are (left side points for left side of engine and right points for right side? Same with the 2 coils? Any info would be appreciated!

I know nothing about timing your engine. There doesn't seem to be much activity on the L and K series Lincolns on this Forum.

I suggest that you may have better answers on the LOC forum or look into purchasing the reprinted Service bulletins

https://loc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=546775&module_id=106667

https://loc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=2153&club_id=546775

I have attached two scans from my 1933 KA manual, pretty easy and straight forward. Set mine this way and it was right on the money.  Be sure that the coils are wired correctly to the matching distributor terminals. If you need any further help let me know.

Best of luck,

John Kelso

Scan2020-10-01_120740.jpg

Scan2020-10-01_122620.jpg