Steering column seal repalcement?

jsgun

I'm looking for the seal at the end of the steering column, the one that seals the column from heat coming up the center of it. Search showed mentions, but I can't find one listed. Anyone have a link? Or do you make your own seal? Thought about using a piece of thick rubber floor mat (the interlocking tile type), but i'm not sure if its heat resistant.  

4 hours ago, jsgun said:

I'm looking for the seal at the end of the steering column, the one that seals the column from heat coming up the center of it. Search showed mentions, but I can't find one listed. Anyone have a link? Or do you make your own seal? Thought about using a piece of thick rubber floor mat (the interlocking tile type), but i'm not sure if its heat resistant.  

Follow the link Jan gave you and it will lead to a tech tip on the ROA website that will tell you how to solve this. I cut my plug from a 2" thick piece of foam rubber following the directions in the tech tip. I put it in several years ago and it is still working fine.

Bill

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, I got a neoprene doughnut gasket off ebay for it. 2" OD, 3/4" ID. Cut a slit in it, and it slipped right in. Put some silicone on it to keep it from moving. 2 1/8" would be a tighter fit, but was unavailable. 

• Like 1