1923 Dort

Thank You for the help. I just purchased a 1923 Dort Harvard. It has the original 6 cylinder engine in it. It is all original. It has 22,000 miles on it. It has the solid wheels that come on the Harvard model. It is the deluxe version of the Yale model.It was built in Flint Michigan. Do you have any idea what color these came in. I need to paint it but I want it as original as possible. Also what type of paint would be used? Any other Dort information would very helpful. This is the only 1923 Dort Harvard left.

Thank You

Dwayne

4-1-1.jpg

I would think that early cars such as this one would have had lacquer paint, maybe enamel. you can still get lacquer, I have heard, but modern paints are very different and varied.

Several members of our club do their own paint jobs, and many pay big money to have their cars painted by the best shops in the country, it depends on your bend. Do you plan on doing this yourself?

There is a lot of merit to leaving it original. it is a unique car and the fact it has made it this long in the seemingly fine shape it is in says something for it.

Good luck,

Shawn Miller