GMC BAKER truck wheels

bobs1916

I see the size of the tire at 35x5 which is 25",I presume the rim is the split type but I can't see the split. If it is split,is the split straight across or at an angle and what does the clamp at the split look like? Or is it one of those Kelsey type that has a split collapsible rim in the middle with a solid ring on both sides. I'm guessing that's probably what it is.  Do you have the hubs or no?

• 1 year later...
On 8/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, sagefinds said:

I see the size of the tire at 35x5 which is 25",I presume the rim is the split type but I can't see the split. If it is split,is the split straight across or at an angle and what does the clamp at the split look like? Or is it one of those Kelsey type that has a split collapsible rim in the middle with a solid ring on both sides. I'm guessing that's probably what it is.  Do you have the hubs or no?

Sorry  I   had  not   seen  this  reply.  I am   not   always  looking  for   them   and  was involved  with  two  other  vehicle  projects  . I   apologize.  Well    back  to  the   wheels I   do  have the   hubs  and  I  need  what ever might  still  be  available.   As  for  the  rims there  is  no  clamp at  the  split  and  actually  on  my  truck  the  front and  rears   are  not  identical  having  been   swapped  out   at  some  time  in  the past   ,  Fronts  have  the   solid  ring   rears  do  not/  Sorry  again for  my  much  delayed   response

I looked at the picture again pretty closely and I believe the wheel has a split rim. At about 7.00 oclock,where it says CHEVRON between the H and the E,barely noticeable it looks like a split. The truck it is on must have had very little mileage since the rim was painted,normally there is a little uneven gap,some wear or residue. Anyway I have these three 25" rims that have an angle split,two with felloe bands and a couple wedges each. I don't know the make of the rim in your picture,mine are not the same,two of the wedges are Jaxon,two are Perlman. These rims were used on the 1920-22 Chevrolet trucks,models T and G,probably just in the rear. They are 4 1/2" overall width,3 1/4" between beads. They will need sandblasting,repair at the splits,some parts and more wedges and bolts. They had wood felloes of course. As you're probably getting the picture,most of these early rims sat outside,some with old tires that held moisture and then rusted and rotted away. These have some pitting but still good restorable outfits. For the two with felloe bands I would take $165 each,for the one w/o felloe band $110,all plus shipping. I do have a fourth with angle split,narrower,no clamp at the split and it's tweaked,not pitted badly but I think it was in a bldg that burned down. Would take heat and pressure but could probably be straightened. Holler if interested.

IMG_0368 (2).JPG

IMG_0369 (2).JPG

IMG_0370 (1).JPG

Hello

Yes  the  angle  type  split  is   what  I   have and  I  think  that  they  will  work.  I  will   take  the  three  as  I  also  need  one  for  the  spare  tire  .  My   zip  code  is  06812   Can   you  determine  the   shipping   for  the   three  and  I  can  pay  you  however   you  prefer  Thanks

bob  jacobs

12 hours ago, bobs1916 said:

Hello

Yes  the  angle  type  split  is   what  I   have and  I  think  that  they  will  work.  I  will   take  the  three  as  I  also  need  one  for  the  spare  tire  .  My   zip  code  is  06812   Can   you  determine  the   shipping   for  the   three  and  I  can  pay  you  however   you  prefer  Thanks

bob  jacobs

Okay Bob,I'll get some weights and measurements. You must be back around Connecticut somewhere. It'll be a big box with a long ways to go.

Steve

Steve

I  have   shipped  rims  before  I   got  some  of  that   stretchy   plastic    film  and  wrapped  them  securely   with  that    Stuck  a  label  on   it  and  away  they  went.   The  trick  is   if   we  use  a  box  keep  the   box  no larger  than   necessary as   Both  UPS   and  Fed  EX   charge   by  weight  AND   volume

thanks

bob

• bobs1916 changed the title to GMC BAKER truck wheels
  • 10 months later...