Pierce Arrow Society Memorabilia

mathgirl

My dad and uncle had a Pierce Arrow once upon a time.  Too bad that car has been sold now because I always wanted it!!

Anyway they were in the Pierce Arrow Society back in the 70s.  They saved all the stuff sent to them like the technical advice articles and the publications of Pierce Arrow owners' stories.  Would anyone be interested in this stuff?  I have quite a bit and would need to mainly cover cost of shipping.  I'd ask $40 for it all.  If you're interested I can get you more pictures and information.

IMG_20200710_140624.jpg

IMG_20200710_140740.jpg

Hello, thank you for posting. We have many people who are 50 year members in the Pierce Arrow Society and some of them likely remember your father and uncle. The paperwork is collected by some people, but most of it has been digitized and is available through the club website if you are a member. What was your fathers and uncle's name? Where were they from? Do you know what car they had, we may be able to locate it for you. Best, Ed

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

Hello, thank you for posting. We have many people who are 50 year members in the Pierce Arrow Society and some of them likely remember your father and uncle. The paperwork is collected by some people, but most of it has been digitized and is available through the club website if you are a member. What was your fathers and uncle's name? Where were they from? Do you know what car they had, we may be able to locate it for you. Best, Ed

I think my uncle was the one who was in the Pierce Arrow Society.  His name is Robert Cook but he went by Bob.  My dad was Donald Cook.  They were from Marshall, IL and owned Cook's Repair in Oliver, IL.  They were both great mechanics and had a bunch of old cars and tractors.

I can't remember for sure what model the Pierce Arrow was but I'm pretty sure it was a 1929.

If any one wants any of it, I can send it all to you or look for any particular pieces you would want.  I'd just want the cost of shipping in either case.  I'd rather someone enjoy it than throw it away.

Hi, your Uncle had a 1929 Pierce Arrow Series 133 5 passenger sedan. The club has files on most cars. The serial number was 2006851, and the engine number was A-8474. The car has not been seen or heard from since it left your family. Here is a photo of what car would look like if it was restored. This car is one I found in a barn in Michigan about six years ago.

C144A577-9FDA-4D68-839B-1E79976627FC.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Hi, your Uncle had a 1929 Pierce Arrow Series 133 5 passenger sedan. The club has files on most cars. The serial number was 2006851, and the engine number was A-8474. The car has not been seen or heard from since it left your family. Here is a photo of what car would look like if it was restored. This car is one I found in a barn in Michigan about six years ago.

C144A577-9FDA-4D68-839B-1E79976627FC.png

That's so neat!  Thank you looking that up.  I really wish we still had it.  Both my uncle and dad died.  We ended up selling a bunch of the cars and tractors.  I was in college and didn't have a place to take it.  I really wanted that car!  But oh well...I do have a couple of the tractors though.

• Like 2