1939 and Newer BUICK Big Series Crankshaft. Turned for Insert Rod Bearings.

Jolly_John

This is a 1939 BUICK big series crankshaft that was never used after the rod journals were turned to accept the later BUICK straight eight insert rod bearings. I'm sure the main bearing journals were also cleaned up at that time. This crankshaft comes complete with new rod and main bearings. It has been in indoor, climate-controlled storage ever since the work was done by the previous owner.

This crank has always been stored in the appropriate way....sitting on end. I believe this '39 big series crankshaft fits through 1946 or 1947. I haven't had time to look in the parts book.  Also, I don't see any markings as far as what the journals were turned to. These may be stamped on the end of the crankshaft I can't see. This crankshaft is being sold "as-is", since I didn't have the original machine shop work done.

The price is just $150. But, the kicker is that I'm not going to be able to ship this crankshaft. No time to build the correct shipping box for it. So, this is a "pick-up in central Wisconsin" item. Thanks for looking. John

048 (289x800).jpg