WTB / Need 300 or 401 to fit 64 LeSabre

BamaWildcat

Hey everyone, the 300 2bbl in the LeSabre has got some serious valve issues, all stemming from a crappy rebuild by a previous owner. At this point I just want to replace the motor instead of rebulding it, so if you have a complete 401 or 300 please e-mail me at videjoe@hiwaay.net. I don't have a particular preference, just anything I would be able to stuff under the hood in a weekend. I'm open to any years compatable with '64. Looking for a price $400 or under, and the closer you are to North Alabama the better for pickup.

Thanks!!!!!

You won't install a 401 in a weekend--the transmission is completely different, so is the radiator (hose outlets are on opposite sides), the engine wiring harness (starters are on opposite sides), the engine mounts and the exhaust. You need to stick with a 300 if you want a quick swap. A 4-bbl. 300 would be a great upgrade from the 2bbl. if you can find one--it also has higher compression.

I have a 300 Motor from a 64 Lesabre. This is a 4bbl Motor Complete with the 300 Trans. Came from a running car, no Smoke or noise with about 80K +. Complete from CArb to Oil pan, fan blade to trans. Exhaust manifolds are in good shape. Located in Northern Illinois, Rockford Ill. About 75 Miles West of Chicago. Price $ 500.00. Call me if interested, at 815-547-3984 Eves. Partial delivery may be possible.

Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 300 out of a 64 skylark it is a two barrel and it runs good I don't know if it will fit in a LeSabre if so I've been asking 700 for engine and power-glide trans but would take 550 for both I live in southern missouri and my phone number is 5736242822