Paint touch up

Eddie-O

Hello all,

I'm sure this question has been asked a hundred times before, so here is the hundred and one time. I'm looking to find out if there is a way or place I can acquire some touch up paint for my car. I only need enough to cover a chip about a quarter of an inch long. I don't want a quart or pint since it would go bad on the shelf for what I need. Looking for a brush in bottle or a limited amount just for that purpose. Is something like this available either already mixed or can I have that small amount matched by someone if I give them the trim #?  Took my car out for a spin and came home with the chip as a bonus! Damn! Not a mark on the car until yesterday. I knew that day was coming, but I was hoping not so soon. Sometimes it's a curse to have a car that nice. Love to drive it as much as look at it, but there is a price to pay when you drive I guess. Next weekend the Vette comes out and the 41 stays home!

Thanks for any help in this direction. 

All the best guys,

Ed

Ed,

I just order some touch up pens from this place for our 2012 Acura TL  and for my 1969 Midnight Green GTO. 

We received our order the other day. It is still a bit to cold here for me to use them and see how the paint in these pens matchup to the paint on the cars.

I had very good luck with this outfit -- Dr. Colorchip in Florida.  They said they needed a sample about the size of a dime to match the color.  I removed one of the door pillar interior light switches and sent it to them.  I got a small bottle (1 oz.) of touch up paint, and I was so happy with the color match that I then bought a spray can of paint for some larger items.  The prices were very reasonable.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

But since your car has obviously had a recent full restoration (at least it looks that way from the pics I saw when it was for sale), can't you check with the person you bought it from?  If it was painted recently, they should still have some paint around or at least be able to tell you exactly what paint they used.

Neil,

Now I know for sure that I'm not as sharp as I used to be! What a simple answer. I should have thought of that myself before posting my question. Geez! Getting old is really a PIA! However, if that fails, I'll give Dr. Colorchip a try.

Thanks

Ed

• Haha 1