Ford Holley Carb - Decode Tag and What's it Fit?

3macboys

I have this Holley carb that I think is a 1904 but correct me if I'm wrong.  The tag shows:  Series A0E   Type 1AA and Date C     The carb itself is just a core that needs rebuilding but I'm looking to find out what if fits and help decoding the tag.  

Don  

DSC_0305.JPG

DSC_0303.JPG

DSC_0306.JPG

Early February 1961 Ford 144 CID 6 cylinder S/T, first design single barrel made by Holley.

Carb is too dirty (and my eyes aren't sufficiently strong) to read the Holley number. But if you will take a wire brush, followed by a pencil eraser to the fuel boss in your first picture; then hit it with a strong light at a sharp angle, and look through a STRONG glass with a pair of young eyes, you should be able to read it.

Personally, it looks beyond being a core.

Jon.

Edited by carbking (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, carbking said:

Early February 1961 Ford 144 CID 6 cylinder S/T, first design single barrel made by Holley.

Carb is too dirty (and my eyes aren't sufficiently strong) to read the Holley number. But if you will take a wire brush, followed by a pencil eraser to the fuel boss in your first picture; then hit it with a strong light at a sharp angle, and look through a STRONG glass with a pair of young eyes, you should be able to read it.

Personally, it looks beyond being a core.

Jon.

Thank you very much!  I think that you might be right about the condition - just hate to potentially toss something that might have had some value to someone.  Now about the young eyes as I switch between readers and just regular old glasses I think that I'd have get my 15 yr old son do the dirty work and read those details.

Thanks again and stay safe,

Don