Alvis TA-14 and TA-21 parts wanted

Can’t imagine many people hoarding parts if they don’t have a car. The Alvis Owner Club says only 17 TA21s in the US, or maybe that’s North America. I’ve been trying to help sell a TA21 for a year and a half with basically zero response. There doesn’t seem to be a whole it of interest in these cars here. I’ve only seen two TA14s in 15 or so years of being semi-active in the vintage British/European car scene around Chicago, and a TA14 on a forum in Wisconsin. Happy hunting though!

• Like 1

The British stuff is much the same as any other automobile, but just a bit more scarce here in the US, for sure.  Under appreciated because they simply were not imported here and not many folks know what quality they are!  I have been lucky to find and purchase a re-powered TA-14 DHC, then followed a lead and located a complete parts car/(restoration gone south).  So now, I have enough pieces to build a good solid original TA-14 DHC and have the remains of the second car that would be a very good basis for building a second special.  I also have  been lucky to find another Alvis, this one a TA-21 that is another failed restoration.  This car gives me enough to build a very nice British inspired "Special Tourer".  What is the story of the Alvis that you have not had much luck selling?

Al

It’s a saloon, older concours resto in decent running condition. Was a club car and went off the radar. My uncle purchased an estate collection to get the Alvis. He sold off the other ten or so cars over the last several years. Finally got around to have some pros service and sort it a year and a half ago, but life got in the way and he’s retiring and decided to sell it. I go fire it up and drive it around every few months. He’s not involved in the old car hobby and is asking a fairly stiff price but he likes to negotiate. He’s not on the internet so I am posting ads and am the initial contact person.

I get your point on the British stuff. Personally I’m into more “mainstream“ British brands. Had a Triumph for a bit and a Jaguar since 2007

• Like 1

Hello,

Would you post a few pictures of the TA-21 that is owned by your Uncle?  Also, throw a price out as you never know who is looking for a British car that is NOT common in the USA, at all.  Early on I was fascinated by British automobiles but just could not line up with the MG, Triumph and even the Jaguar.  The lesser known, in the US, British makes caught my eye and I have not turned back.

Al 

Well, the son of the original owner did a concours-winning resto and racked up miles on it in the last century. That was a long time ago. It did sit for many years after that when the previous owner passed. The current owner had it professionally revived. It’s not “on the road” per se but it does fire right up and runs quiet.