FoMoCo rear wiew Mirror ca. 1970?

C9 on the part number would indicate 69.  The rest is often a casting number and not really usable unless you have an engineering book.  Most likely fits at minimum atleast one model and usually my go to would be Galaxie or LTD.  Being the second part is AJ most likely full size.  Mustang would likely have a Z in one or both of those letter places.  Again talking casting and not real part numbers as ZZ on a part number denotes Mustang for the most part.  AZ often denotes full size cars.  SZ thunderbird, OZ Torino Fairlane, UZ Might have been Bronco or econoline and TZ was truck,  HZ was heavy truck and I can't rememebr the others at the moment as it's been a few years since I did parts. 

• Like 1

It's alot of time trying to identify stuff and learn what to buy without books handy that makes you learn the system.  Ford is real easy because of the mixed number/ letter system.  Pretty much all other makes you can only narrow it down to possibly a make like Chevy or Pontiac and maybe a rough era but no way to know what car it fits without alot of parts books. 

That Ford number actually after the 4 digit/letter code even tells you roughly what the part is as certain numbers,  usually those under 10,000 are very often mechanical with a few exception like wheel trims and grille related parts.  Higher numbers above 20,000 are mostly body parts. The 10,000-20,000 range often included accessories,  electrical,  I think some bumper and other trim pieces.   Really helpful when looking at just numbers on boxes.

• Like 1