Reatta Gas Mileage Issue Fixed

Danteval1

Hello,

It appears that I have fixed my poor gas mileage. I was getting about 11 mpg since I first got the car in November of 2019. 

Things I did that didn't fix the issue:

Replaced spark plugs with double iridium   

Replaced O2 sensor

Replaced spark plug wire set to AC Delco

Changed air filter

Changed vacuum valve that connects the servo and cruise control regulator. (had to do it a second time. I'm guessing I broke it when installing my ABS unit.

Cleaned air filter housing and intake, MAF and IAC. 

What did fix the issue?:

There is a vacuum hose that connects to the transmission, I noticed what looked like a disconnected vacuum line, put my finger against it and felt suction. Looked around and found the line. There are two of them, I belive the one I had disconnected was to the trans. I am not getting about 18 mpg with SoCal stop and go. 

Whats next to fix?

I have a horrible clunk when shifting from park to reverse or drive.

My AC system is non existent. Im not sure how I want to approach fixing it. I may go the the junk yard and take the AC components from a 95' or later, clean it up, and install. On paper it sounds easy. 

My oil pressure keeps saying "low oil" when I have plenty and 41 psi. 

Passenger door ajar is driving me nuts. Anyone know how to fix, restore, or replace this component. 

My parking break does not engage the caliper. Removed wheel, cranked on the parking break, and saw the arm move on the caliper but no movement from the piston. 

Last but not least, I need my frickin accumulator... I've been calling spinning wheels every week and the individual on the phone keeps giving me lines from the movie The Ring "seven days" for the past five weeks. 

If anyone has any tips on how to attack whats next on my list please let me know. 

Other than that, the car is perfect. I worked really hard to bring it back to life. I created a video on me restoring the paint. Ill post it once I have a proper ending. 

Thanks for your help everyone. I hope I didn't annoy anyone, this killed the last thirty minuets at work.

One last thing, I found a Reatta on craigslist in Irvine California. He had a tire blow out and was parting out the car. I had first dibs and got everything I wanted off the car for $100, this includes the craftsman log, Reatta pen, and tire pressure he just gave me. I then took all the interior components out for him to sell. He told me to sell it and split the cash. Eastcoastreatta's bought it all within the hour, Thanks Marck!

Edited by Danteval1 (see edit history)

Can just address two points

"My AC system is non existent. Im not sure how I want to approach fixing it. I may go the the junk yard and take the AC components from a 95' or later, clean it up, and install."

First I would evacuate the system to see if it holds pressure. If not a smoke test might find the culprit. ACKITS.COM is where I go fo AC parts. They have a forum for questions. Make sure you convert to R134A.

"My oil pressure keeps saying "low oil" when I have plenty and 41 psi. " Low oil is not pressure, there is a level sensor in the oil pan.