Wanted: Prefocus Headlight Socket (2330 etc.)

Bloo

Wanted: One American Prefocus headlight socket, for bulbs like 2330, 2320, 2530 as used in GM cars, Ford, etc.

(not 2331 for Chrysler, Nash, Hudson, Studebaker)

Wires don't need to be any good, or even present as long as the wafer and contacts are still there. I will unsolder and replace the wires. It doesn't need to be pretty either, but hopefully not so corroded up that the bulb wont make good contact.

Make/Model unimportant as long as it is for a 2330 style bulb. I will be using it to make a test adapter to test for voltage right at the bulb.

Let me know what you have

Thank You.

5RwBMg4.jpg

51VMhKJFyVL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I have listed on e-bay right now a Socket for Pre-focused headlight bulbs N.I.B. (new in the box) manufactured by Standard Products; their # S-33.  It looks GM to me, but you would have to take a look. Also printed on the carton is: E8U which I do not know the meaning of. $2.95 +shipping.  look on e-bay under : e-bay motors>Vintage Car & Truck Parts>lighting & lamps. ( my e-bay I.D. is: 1124roy )

Hi 28baker.

I tried to find yours on ebay, but couldn't. I did find another Standard S-33 from user "spotscarsalvage" and it looks to be a socket for a sealed beam. Are we talking about the same thing? I am looking for one of the sockets used before sealed beams came out in 1940.

All the best

EDIT: found it and bought it, thank you!

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

I bought 28baker's socket, but it is incomplete, and it is also not exactly the right one, it is for single filament. It is a good start, and I will try to make it work (better than what I had before!).

I am still looking for a complete (wires could be bad, and thats ok) 2330 prefocus socket if anyone has one for sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...