Is this a Lambert? Look again, new photo added!

Steve Hagy

Hi!

Hopefully everyone has had enough, or too much, turkey and dressing so that more important activities (telling me about this photo) can take place.  Howe Fire Apparatus was located in Indianapolis, Indiana when this pumper was built for East Peoria, Illinois around 1908-1910.  The automobile that was used to build this, and other early Howe apparatus, is supposedly a Lambert.  Could anyone confirm this and if a year and model can be determined I would really like to have that information.

Thanks!

Steve

Who ate all the pumpkin pie!!

East Peoria IL Howe.jpg

The chain drive rear axle looks like Timken and there were several truck manufacturers who used them.  I use to have a 13 Kisselkar truck and back then many of their trucks were firetrucks.  Also the general shape of the radiator looks similar.  I think it might be Kisselkar.

Thank you for the replies.  My hope was that this was going to be easy and people would jump on board and say that this was a Lambert.  Maybe next time.  Here is another photo of a fire engine from the same era (a bit newer) that Howe also built.  This picture shows the front end at a better angle than the other picture.  Does this help?  I would have replied sooner but I had forgotten to turn on e-mail notification of replies.

Key West.jpg

• Steve Hagy changed the title to Is this a Lambert? Look again, new photo added!