Citroen Hydropneumatic suspension 1954-2018

sebastienbuick

thanks for those!  The stunt with the Traction Avant driving away after the cliff tumble to show the strength of a monocoque was also used by Chrysler for the Airflow.  The porpoising on a wavy road was also used by Packard to promote the Torsion suspension.

The last hydro-pneumatic suspended Citroen I drove for any length of time was a Cx.  The issue with that car was that the adjustments could be behind the weight transfer - in other words response time was a bit slow.  Has this been improved with more modern technology?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bryankazmer said:

thanks for those!  The stunt with the Traction Avant driving away after the cliff tumble to show the strength of a monocoque was also used by Chrysler for the Airflow.  The porpoising on a wavy road was also used by Packard to promote the Torsion suspension.

The last hydro-pneumatic suspended Citroen I drove for any length of time was a Cx.  The issue with that car was that the adjustments could be behind the weight transfer - in other words response time was a bit slow.  Has this been improved with more modern technology?

Ok I did not know, thank you ;) 
The CX is collection and the damper system has been further improved now in 2019, but the principle remains the same as in the year 1960 ;)