Looks like a Buick to me

This photo is taken in a village called Rautila in a commune called Vehmaa in a land called Finland. To me the car looks like a Buick from mid 1920´s or a bit earlier. Would like to get your opinion about the photo.

Best wishes

Juha Kaitanen

Sipoo, Finland

buick rautila.jpg

Edited by Juha Paavo Kaita (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Juha Paavo Kaita said:

Ho,

That was a good point. I didn´t notice that earlier. I guess the handles are on the top of the doors.

Juha

Or on the inside of the doors.

• 3 weeks later...

The moulding around the valance between the body and running board help confirm it is a Rugby - along with the small hubcaps, skinny tyres and tiny brakes.

I reckon it is probably 1925. The 1924 cars I have seen photos of look to have door handles.

This car is in Australia and likely has a locally built body - possibly by Holdens - which would explain the visible differences

Image result for 1925 rugby tourer

22 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Windshield at the base is completely different and no reveal at the tops of the doors.

The green car I posted there has a local body so there will be differences.

Holdens tended to use the same tourer body whatever chassis it went on to.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 8:31 AM, Juha Paavo Kaita said:

This photo is taken in a village called Rautila in a commune called Vehmaa in a land called Finland. To me the car looks like a Buick from mid 1920´s or a bit earlier. Would like to get your opinion about the photo.

Best wishes

Juha Kaitanen

Sipoo, Finland

buick rautila.jpg

Meant to add earlier that one good reason why this is not a Buick is that when they went to this sort of radiator shape - for 1924 - they also added front wheel brakes.