Location of door part number

harlan

There are no numbers on the 1936 Dodge doors that I know of and probably not on the '35's either. You need to use a parts book to get the correct numbers for the models. The doors are different for certain models. Trying to identify a model simply by looking at a door is near impossible. Are they front doors or rear doors? '35 doors may or may not be the same as '36 and they may have different numbers. Good luck!!!

I really appreciate your response but if I had the parts number and it was not the door that would not help me. I am nearly 80 and while I can I need to start downsizing. I have sold some doors at the swap meets but I knew what they fit.
Again, Thank You for your time.

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

It appears that you have 2 sets. The rear doors and the front door in the lower photo appear to be from a '36 Dodge 4 door or 4 door touring sedan. These doors will only fit those 2 models. From the top photo, I see that at least 1 front door has a vent window which would probably make that a '37 door but I have no idea what model. But, having said that, I also see a stack of doors that look similar. The door handles appear to wrong for '36 and there were no door pulls on the '36's. Some of these doors may be '35's or have had parts changed. or you may have a mix of both.  I would need to see more detailed photos and measurements to give a better assessment.

The door marked 36DB does seem to match the door on my 1936 non-touring 4 door sedan.  According to the parts catalog the same doors were used on the 4 door touring sedan and that's probably where your door came from since  there were 300x as many touring sedans made compared to non-touring sedans.

IMG_1270 (2).JPG

You have a good looking car!  I worked in Coudersport Pa, Potter County, in 1963. It was a fantastic beautiful  place with lots to do. My wife and I really would like to go back there for a visit but it is so far from here, maybe some day. While there I purchased a 1954 Ford to drive to work, it was a rust bucket but started every time even when it was way below zero.

When it cools down  I will take some better pictures. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Where are yo now that it's so hot?  Not in Potter County for sure!  I vacationed with my family in Sullivan County last month.  It's a whole different world up there.

As for my car, thank you for the compliment but I intentionally cropped the picture to cut off the ugly part.  LOL  I think that at some point the car hit something at the front RH corner and some very "economical" repairs were made by a PO.  I think the same yoyo decided to remove all the trim from the car and paint some parts with primer (like the whole front end).  My son (he's 13 and you can see him through the cars rear window) and I just got the engine running in August after almost 40 years of storage.

You have a good looking car!  I worked in Coudersport Pa, Potter County, in 1963. It was a fantastic beautiful  place with lots to do. My wife and I really would like to go back there for a visit but it is so far from here, maybe some day. While there I purchased a 1954 Ford to drive to work, it was a rust bucket but started every time even when it was way below zero.

When it cools down  I will take some better pictures. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help

Hillsboro, Texas. It is between Dallas and Waco on I35. The high will be 97-98 degrees for the next week.

If you are like me and do everything yourself it takes a lot of time to work on a old car. Keep your son involved in the process.