Need rear bow measurement for 1953 Skylark

Our Buicks

8 hours ago, gdmn852 said:

Hello you may want to check ARO 2000 website,I bought my top for a 49 Buick from him and they had a lot of information on line.

Thank you GD....I ordered the top a few days ago from these guys.....I should have asked for that measurement.....the info on their website seems to say it's 19 1/2"....I'll call tomorrow and make sure.......That measurement above the rear window is an important one...

You were a big help here GD......thanks !!!

Mike

You are welcome ,Mr Putt of ARO was quite helpful when I was installing the top on the 49 answering my almost endless emails to him ,before you take anything apart measure and photo current location and top bows,I had taken mine apart for rechrome and repaint ,lots of special bolts and washers,will help a lot when reassemble it.Glad I could help,Gary 

CF8FE3C8-B1C5-4F73-A123-1C2D96686F56.jpeg

14 hours ago, gdmn852 said:

You are welcome ,Mr Putt of ARO was quite helpful when I was installing the top on the 49 answering my almost endless emails to him ,before you take anything apart measure and photo current location and top bows,I had taken mine apart for rechrome and repaint ,lots of special bolts and washers,will help a lot when reassemble it.Glad I could help,Gary 

CF8FE3C8-B1C5-4F73-A123-1C2D96686F56.jpeg

Thanks GD...I wish I could measure before I take the old top off but....car came to me with the original top stripped off and that rear bow just flopping around.

I call ARO back and they told me it's 19 1/2 " from the back side of the middle of the rear bow down to the center of the rear tack bow strip....

By the way GD your car is beautiful !!

Thanks again,....Mike