Hudson Commodore 6 1950

Horacio Pichardo

17 minutes ago, Horacio Pichardo said:

Good afternoon! Would like to know if someone has tried to put Air Conditioner working in 6V 

Hi Welcome to the forum. You're in the wrong catagory for your question.

You can scroll down the index and find " Technical ' or further down you'll find " Hudson"

You can post at both places and see if you get a response.

Here is a Forum for Hudsons , many 50 year plus owners that will help

https://forum.hetclub.org/categories/hudson

Actually this is a good place to initially ask this question, in my opinion.

Other people who have considered it may not necessarily be scrolling the other threads.

There are at least a couple of ways to add A/C to a 6-Volt car,

and they are certainly not exclusive to Hudson.

The techniques could be dicussed in other topic threads, but interest can be generated here under General Discussion.

Of course you could convert the entire car to 12 Volt, but not the way I would prefer, and involves either rebuilding or modifying all guages, radio, heater, electrical components, etc

THe easy way, in my opinion, is to adapt a kit from a manufacturer such as Vintage Air,

then adapt a12 volt alternator or generator,

and use two (2) 6-Volt batteries in Series-

Charge then as a 12-Volt, and take 12 volt power to run the A/C, Phone charger, GPS, etc,

but take a tap from the center terminat at the end of the first battery to power the rest of the car if you want to keep it all 6-Volt as I once did years ago.

I used a pair of OPTIMA batteries since the pair easily fit into the place of the prior Group 1 (or Group 2) 6-volt battery

Once your plan is established, I'm sure you could get technical advice in the other referenced areas,

Good Luck with your project,

and please consider joining the Hudson Forum and the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)