Buick 1929 25 x - can I use a 2 post car lift?

Technically, yes you can use a two post lift as long as it is rated for the weight of the vehicle and you can locate adequate lifting points under your car.

However, I recommend four post lifts for improved safety and added storage space. 

My four post lifts can be moved as needed to accommodate other storage requirements and allow me to store two cars in the space for one.

20 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

My four post lifts can be moved as needed to accommodate other storage requirements and allow me to store two cars in the space for one.

That same argument ultimately led me to a 4-post as well.  Honestly, I was surprised at the ease of access under the car, even with the ramps.  An older car with higher ground clearance should offer even better access.  One thing I added, and LOVE. is the optional sliding axle jack.  It allows me to safely raise either axle.  Much better than fooling around with bottle jacks on the standard jack plate!

BTW, I bought a Direct Lift primarily because it is ALI certified and I have a 'local' dealer (well, they're in Buffalo, but run the NYS Thruway corridor regularly).  I have had it for a year with no issues.  I paid to have them assemble it (and I'm glad I did).  ;)