Hershey Race Car condition run.

Jay Wolf

I have shown race car at other national event, but never Hershey,  I know it is runt by the Eastern Race Car Museum not AACA..

My question is Do they require modern safety gear? IE: driving suits, shoes, gloves, Snell approved  helmets?

Jay it is not run by the race museum!  It is run by the Hershey Region AACA under the national rules.  You ask a good question and I will make sure I get you the right answer.  The vast majority of contestants have some form of safety equipment even at the ultra low speeds we run at.  We do not check date codes for helmets and gear.   

• Like 1

At most other meets it is usually putting around a parking lot. I have not used any gear in the past even though I usually had it with me. But I plan on towing the car to Hershey on an open trailer (not enclosed like I usually do), with 4 friends in a pick up so space is limited and that would be one less bag I have to take.

43.jpg

Edited by Jay Wolf (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Jay here is your answer:

Hershey Region has not required safety equipment to be dated, exp Snell 2015 helmet etc.  No date codes on belts etc.   Drivers are required to wear a helmet and it is recommended suit.  Cars must have seat belts also.   I have yet however to have anyone not wear a nomex suite.   

The Condition run is not a competitive event and it only purpose it to prove that the car runs under its own power, dated safety equipment is not an issue

• Like 1