Hey, photos of my new spoiler!

Okay, so I lied. But since I'm computer-illiterate, I e-mailed five shots to EDSO and asked him to post 'em. So now the pressure's on him.

Tech notes: Wing off a '94 - '01 Mustang GT bolts right on; no alterations to feet. Drilled hole to allow antenna to go up and down through the spoiler. Each leg has two bolts; the front two go through a thin-wall portion of the trunk, and nuts thread on easily. The rear two require drilling through an inner portion of the trunk lid so you can slip the nut up and onto the bolt. Whole operation took 45 minutes. Not so sure I'd do it to Maui blue, but the black Rat is a driver, and it looks kinda' cool.

Jerry

Guest Greg Ross

JJ,

And of course you're suddenly shocked.gif experiencing much better performsnce and blew the Doors off the Gen Y Kid and his Honda Accord! wink.gif

curtislt,

Took the liberty to roam through your pages. You have great horses, reminds us all about the origins of horse power and a kinder simpler era. You are a lucky man!

Thanks for posting as I do not have my own web pages and can not post as you did. Thanks also to XvSlim for also posting after I emailed him the photos of JJs spoiler and asked him to do what he could. I appreciate his efforts.

Evidently JJ was not happy with my efforts to replace my member photo with his spoiler and link to it. Perhaps next time I will have the ability to post.

Thanks again to all, Robert

RawjaNYC:

Special thanks to you. I know there's probably not one in a hundred out there who would even consider adding a spoiler, but I did think it would be of some interest.

Jerry

Reatta1: These are the Kumho Grand Tourings. I've posted before about how great they are. Got 'em on a set of wheels I bought, and didn't know a thing about 'em. Did some research, and found Kumho (Korean company) is storming across the international racing scene. Great handling, stickier than hell, super treadwear (480) and temp ratings.... H and Z rated, less than $100 per copy in 235x60x16. They make the Pirelli P6000s Z-rated rubber on my Maui blue seem like Wards weekend specials. Sooooo much better than Goodyears or even Yokohamas. I'm putting them on my other two Reattas, and have the dealer checking to see if they make a model for our Range Rover 4.6.

Jerry

i hate to say something bad about the pics but i guess some one has to not like them. its not like the car can do 200+ km's so that the spoiler is actualy useful. but i guess its just the way some people like to spend there money. i wish i hade money to blow but i don't. when and if i do i will spend more on what is under the hood and not what the car looks like. i have been surprised by cars. they look great but they have no guts. and vice versa. have fun all. i know i will just driving my car. laugh.gif

Hi Gomer:

The Maui blue is my baby, and I wouldn't mess with it. But the black Rat is a toy, so what the hell? Always wondered what a wing would look like. As for blowing my money, it cost $65. Hey, the painted-on [color:\\"orange\\"] yellow and [color:\\"red\\"] red flames coming from the front wheel wells will cost more than that...

Jerry

smirk.gif (just kidding)

Guest Reatta1

Even from my purist stand I have to admit it looks good and If it had ever been offered as an option I'd probably put one on too. But, This is probably the only one I'll ever own and want to keep it's factory look. smile.gif

ps How do you get the colors? I've tried using the color font and can't seem to make it work.

1. Click on color box of choice ("font color"); 2. Two brackets will appear in your message box. 3. Type your words of wisdom BETWEEN the two brackets. 4. That's it.

ALF

Guest wally888

[color:"red"] [test/color]

Type within the 2nd. set of brackets but must delete brackets, the word color and / [color:"blue"]

test

Hey! The spoiler looks great on your Reatta, but I like the wheels even better! They look like Cadillac chrome....16 inch. Is this correct? Also, where did you get the Reatta chrome center caps? Thanks for your help....

Scarmardo1

ALF takes credit for eveything that turns out well!

Beauty of the Mustang GT spoiler is that it's cheap ($65) and every contour follows the Reatta trunk and body line. Needs no alteration except for a two-minute job of drilling the antenna hole. I looked into both the Lexus and Acura Legend spoilers, but they both required cutting of the legs and were a lot more expensive, as well as not having a stock look.

The wheels are take-offs from an early '90s Eldo. The caps are stock Cadillac, with Reatta centers (available from Barney Eaton) expoxied on. I have a spare set, identical to these, which I'm going to list on eBay for $600, also mounted with Kumho Grand Touring tires.

Jerry

Guest Reatta1

[is there anyone around with the expertise to fabricate a uniqely Reatta spoiler?] Maybe somebody who does body work or [fiberglass repair?] Could be possibilities there. smile.gif

Looks like I'm still doing something wqrong on this color thing. confused.gif

Guest wally888

I had an 89 w/ a spoiler. Pics were at reatta2go, now missing. I also lost. Someone may have downloaded? It was high and sat far enough forward so the antennae would go up and down w/o drilling a hole but would break the antennae off if not lowered before raising the trunk.

I thought it really improved the profile look of the car and would install one on my current car if I knew it's [color:\\"green\\"] source.

Select color, you get this [color:"red"][color:"red"] ( disappears in the post!) and this , then delete /color, end up w/ [ ], type word(s) in the space between brackets.

It seems the program will not let me delete or add some brackets, the color red....

So , in words only: select color and you get 2 sets of brackets-1st has col. red in them ( these brackets and the words col. red wil disappear when you post. The second set of brackets will have red and/ within them. Delete the red and the /, then type message between the empty brackets! [color:"yellow"] [whew!]