90 Reatta- Multiple questions

L.B. Lyon

I have a 1990 Reatta. Starts up easy if I squirt quick start into the intake. Not getting fuel so it quits after quickstart burns off. I thought maybe fuel filter was clogged. However, I have never seen this kind of attachment on a fuel filter. How do you get that thing off?   Next question, are you supposed to be able to hear the electric fuel pump in the tank when you turn the key? I hear the electric brake booster but I near absolutely nothing coming from the fuel tank. So, I'm thinking the fuel pump may be bad which means I need to drop the tank. But I also need to put a new fuel filter on if someone can explain how to easily (if there is such a thing) get the old one off.  Also, if there are any tricks or tips I should know before attempting to drop the fuel tank, let me know. I'm going on 72 and it's not real easy for me to be crawling around under this car.  Thanks in advance. 

20190401_113158.jpg

AutoZone will lone you a fuel pressure gage....screws to that port you can see just above the last "0" in 3800

If you need to drop the tank to change the fuel pump, the rear sway bar needs to be unbolted so it will give you enough room to drop the tank.

Also there is a connector (single wire with connector on end) near the brake assembly.........you can put 12v to that without turning on the ignition.......maybe then you can hear it.

• Like 1