1926 Dodge Brothers Series 116 Sedan 4Cyl with B Type Motor

Have traced our Dodge back to 1973 but that's as far as I've gotten so far.  It was owned, 1973,  by Wes Thompson of Blenheim and it's because of him that it had been so well cared for, wish I could thank him for that. Eventually, it ended up at a RM Sotheby's auction in 15-16 September of 2007.  Funny thing is that the fake "Ohio 1934" plastic plate on the front was what ended up helping me trace the vehicle.  

2007 RM Auction.jpg

In trying to find the original paint color for our sedan, I've been finding all kinds of information. Since I work with automotive paint on a daily basis, I figured it wouldn't take this long.  Found out in a hurry that's not the case.  Turns out that the original color of Maxine Blue can be replaced with a 1947 Studebaker color called Oxford Gray and the original color of Coolie Blue can be replaced with a 1940 Plymouth color called Boatswain Blue. FYI, the numbers listed just to the right of each color chip are the manufacturers present day color codes.

I am amazed daily at how many people have opinions, and strong opinions at that, about which colors it should be refinished in.  It makes me so happy how excited people are when they first see our Dodge Brothers sedan, puts a smile on my face every time. I had a 77 year old woman who was in yesterday to pick up her vehicle and was surprised when she made a point to stop by again today just to have another look at the car.  She suggested "You cannot own a vehicle like this one and not have that Dodge Brothers Canada emblem either appliqued or embroidered on a jacket." Seems she is part of a sewing circle at her retirement home so she wants to suggest to the other people in the group that they get together and start working on it. I love people :) 

Paint colors.JPG

Replacement Paint Colors.jpg

Paint Colors Original.JPG

Edited by Dinster (see edit history)