1940 Packard

MetroLimousines

Hello, I'm Michael and I own a 1940 Packard 110 6 cyl 4dr. I'm interested in finding better condition running boards if anyone knows where to look? Here is a picture of my vehicle. I have owned it now for about 13 years. Its the only thing that does not look good on the car.

Thank You,

Packard Passenger New.JPG

I assume the rubber mat is deteriorated on your runningboards? You can have new rubber installed at these companies: www.runningboardrubber.com and www.runningboardrubbermats.com. The results are very good but this process is expensive. ($2,000.00 +)  Options are limited for runningboard rubber since Steele Rubber does not make glue on mats for your car. Do the Packard guys out there know of any other sources? 

• Like 1

I had my running boards rebuilt and revulcanized by Don Lampen in Holland MI (donaldlampen@yahoo.com). The metal underneath was rotten and the rubber was flaking off. I found a good set of metal only on ebay and sent them to Don.He has the molds for the 1938-40 110 and put it all together for me.Beautiful work.He also has rubber floor mats for the same model. His phone number is 616-392-6605 or 616-796-4429. He can repair the metal also if required.

Jim

1940 Packard sporting new boards 002.JPG

• Like 1