Wanted 1909 or 1910 hupmobile

Mark1912

Well you want  a car that the  total production in  2 years was only 6958 cars a 110 years  ago. I counted 28 cars  some  years  ago on the Hupp  club roster.  In  1995  we  had a Hupp Club  tour in  Ohio. There  were  3 Model  20's  there but  on  one  went  on  tour  with  the  club. It  was  a 1909 owned  by  a  Hupp Club  member named  Ed  Kiely. No  electric  starter. I  watched Ed start  that  car  many times  after  we  would  stop  to  look at  attractions  along  the  tour  route. I  watched him  with just  1  pull of the  crank  and  the car  was  running.. The  most  amazing was  following  him on  straight  and  level roads  at 40- 50  mph.  So  I  say  to  you , good  luck in  you  quest to  find  a 1909-1910  Hupmobile,   as  Henry  Ford said to  Robert  Hupp. "  Bobby you  have  a great  little  car."

Well, production may have been low, but I'll bet there are 300 or more Model 20's out there, and they come on the market quite often.

I probably have 40 names of owners in my files, just from people who've contacted me over the years when I've mentioned having one.

Projects seem to sell in the 5-10K range, a decent one in the 10-18K range, and excellent examples slightly higher.  I know of a very nice Model 20 that sold recently for about 12K, so they're out there.....

Good luck in your search, I'd recommend putting a want ad on the HCCA classifieds site.

• Like 1

His problem is  that  he  wants  a 1909 or  a 1910. In 1911 Hupp  produced  6079 just  a few  cars  less than  1909 and  1910 put  together.   A  1911 would be  a lot  easier  to  find. He  picked the  harder years  to  find. The  total production on the  Model  20 was 15,780   I  just  thought  he  would  like  to  know by picking  those  2  years it  will be  harder to  find  one of  them and  cost  more  money than a later  year. Food  for  thought.

Edited by Hupp36 (see edit history)