1961 Buick LeSabre Body Plate

Topper1961

4H1029100
4 = Series 4400/LeSabre
H = 1961
1 = built at Flint MI
029100 = sequential number, range for Flint in 1961 was 001001 to 076526 for fullsize cars 

12B
STYLE 61-4439 BODY FB 5591
TRIM 431 K PAINT NR1
ACC. B I7

12B = build date code = December (12) 1960, second week (B)

STYLE 4439
4 = Buick
4 = LeSabre
39 = 4-door hardtop sedan

FB = built at Flint MI
5591 = 5591st 4439 built at Flint

Trim 431 = Fawn Cloth and Vinyl, available on styles 4411, 4437, 4439, 4469

Paint code NR1 = two-tone, Phoenix Beige (R) roof and Cordovan Metallic (N) remainder

Accessory option codes
B = Heater and defroster
I7 = Easy Eye tinted windshield    
K = there is no listing for just K only K6 for the LeSabre which is custom padded seat cushions and this is why this option code is listed with the trim code

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool. Are the top close to Phoenix beige in color? If it is a project i guess the top is quite faded, so are you planning to replace it, dye it or keep it as it is?

A major challenge is to find a paintshop who can crack the code and deliver the cordovan paint.

Good luck with the project!

"Save another Buick for the future"

Based on the paint chip at autocolorlibrary.com, I’d say the top is paler than Phoenix Beige, but that is working from memory.  I don’t have any photos on this device to be able to make a comparison.  If I recall, the top does have a tear, so it will need to be replaced at some point.

Historically, we haven’t had too much issue with getting a decent colour match.  That said, I haven’t had anything painted in recent history.

The real challenge with the project is starting...the 1929 is “in progress”, but there’s been no significant change in over a a year now.  She Who Must Be Obeyed would like to see the 1923 on the road before I dig into any other projects.  There’s always something and deciding on priorities can be a little challenging sometimes.  Of course, if I actually sold a few things that would help too.