Wheels for 65 Riv

mp65riv

I'm looking at American Racing Wheels for my 65 Riv - the website is coming up recommending 15 x 7  wheels with a 5 x 4.75 bolt pattern, with a 3.75 inch backspace. Any thoughts as to whether these will fit and what my limits on tire size will be with these rims? I'm not planning to modify my wheel wells or inner fenders.

Someone posted a pic of a tool in the link I posted. That tool will help u take all the measurements u need to figure what wheel will work.

The pic shows a pro model tool. I believe it was priced as such too. When u do a google search u can find cheaper versions that are made more for us DIY home garage guys. 

Here's a chart that shows the dimensions of the Buick rally wheels.  You should be able to look at it and compare the wheel your looking at to what was original.  3.760 backspacing on your wheels compares to 3-3/8"  or 3.375" as a decimal equivalent.  Some guys are running the 71-78 wheels on their 1st generation cars and the 3-7/8" back spacing equates to 3.875 as a decimal equivalent.  The one thing you'll want to make sure of is what the "Wheel hub diameter" is on the wheel your looking at.  For your '65, you'll need a wheel hub diameter of at least 2-3/4 inches.

379536160_Rivierarallywheelidentificationchart.jpg.7ed8f399c26b44606e6c029420c93838.jpg

I'm telling you guys, there's a reason to join the ROA.  This chart has been on its website for years.  Perhaps from now on, I'll just tell everyone where the info is and you can have the pleasure of looking it up yourself and in the process, find all the other goodies.  The link is in my signature.  You can join using PayPal.  Besides the articles in the tech section and the bi-monthly magazine plus your chassis manual can be the two best tools in your tool box.   INSTANT GRATIFICATION. 

Ed

3 hours ago, mp67riv said:

I am a ROA member, but didn't think to look there for this information. That is my bad! I agree, the ROA site has a wealth of info and resources! Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!...

It always helps to have your ROA # in your signature block. 😎