Lubricating new headlight nylon rollers

When you put the new nylon rollers in, what do you lubricate them with? I bought rollers from the Corvette parts place in Fla and am wondering what I need to lube them with?

No need to lubricate. I am sure the rollers are a carry over design from other GM drive motors (that is why Eckler's sells them) The rollers were designed as a clutch....under high torque, they would deform and the gear and drive would slip.

In the case of the Reatta, there is a headlight motor module that senses current. When the bellcrank gets to its positive stop...the motor current increses and the headlight module turns off power.

Why did the original parts turn to powder. I believe they died with age and the torque. Whatever plastic that was used was intended to deform but with age it broke then the action between the gear and shaft ground the chunks into powder.

When I took mine apart there was a "grease" similar to vaseline in there. I had new rollers from Eckler's (I now get their Vette catalog regularly) but didn't have to use them as the originals were in perfect shape. This could be a NOS or replacement unit that was installed before I purchased the car. I don't think a "grease" will harm anything?

I posted this question already, but I'm posting it again in the hope that someone who knows the answer sees it.

"I bought the rollers form the Corvette place too. Upon reassembly, is it supposed to be a press fit? I had to take a block of wood and a hammer and tap the assembly together. Beings they are called "rollers", I can't see how they are going to roll at all.

I checked the alignment of the rollers, nylon gear, and steel cover a number of times. Nothing wrong there

As always, Barney is right on. There is no relative motion between the "rollers" and other parts. They are probably better described as "spacers"

Bob Rich