1947 Seven Passenger Dodge $9,900

This is on my local C/L. It sure looks clean:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/d/1947-dodge-7-passenger/6750461732.html

Ad copy:

I have for sale a rarely seen 1947 Dodge Model D 24 7 Passenger Sedan. This car has been well cared for. Always stored inside and well maintained. Flathead 6 cylinder runs excellent. Fluid drive system works good. Gauges all work. Speedometer just quit. I looked up under the dash and the cable is unscrewed out of the speedometer. Looks like the end is frayed. I couldn't get it to go back together but didn't work at it to hard. Car was bought new in Winnipeg and was there until 2 years ago. Was in a couple movies. Had the new wide white walls about 5 years ago. Had a complete brake system 4 years ago. Cost over $3,000 Canadian for that. Heater works good. We just used it for a wedding 10/27/2018. I think most of the paint is original. Upholstery is very decent original also. The stain on the drivers seat I think would come out with the right cleaner. I will listen to offers as I would like to sell the car. We have had our fun with it. I can deliver if needed:

Video of the Dodge running and driving:
Click on link below:
https://youtu.be/f7y8f7RqO-A

If you can't click on link send me an email and I'll send you the link. I also have more pictures:

01010_aO1EFaKKLOs_600x450.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jeff P said:

Hudsy

That posting was a winner.  An impressive, interesting car at a fair price.  The car appears sold, as the ad is deleted, not expired.  Likely sold for a bit less than the $9,900 asking. 

Obviously no speed burner but the LWB would make a good tour car.  It is interesting to me how Chrysler continued to market these LWB cars post war for awhile. Not really Limos like the Imperial class of LWB 8 cylinder Chryslers.  The only other make I remember having a LWB line was Packard. There you could get the LWB non senior cars with I believe a smaller displacement 8 cyl like a 324 or so?  I have my displacement wrong but it was not the 356 senior 8. 

I always thought it would be fun to have the Desoto or Chrysler LWB 6 cylinder car in my collection but never saw one in the condition of this one.  Not sure I ever considered a Dodge or ever saw one for that matter.  I like a chewy good collection of non traditionals, and this would be one for sure. 

Jeff, I've seen quite a few long wheelbase DeSoto Suburbans over the years. I can remember one, back in the fifties, that was owned by a local house painter. It was something of a sight with it's several ladders strapped to the roof. I suppose that I may have seen a LWB Dodge before, but I can't recall for sure. That's why I posted this ad. That and it's in such nice shape. A lot of times I'll post an interesting car like this regardless of the price just to show it to the gang.

James Sheehan

MPLS

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)