1951 DeSoto Custom Sportsman hard top....

Hey everybody, I now have an old '51 DeSoto Custom Sportsman 2 door hard-top. It's a neat old car, and you can drive without shifting even though it's a manual, yep, that's factory. I did a search on the net and found a couple of 4 doors, wagons, and 2 door sedans, but only one hard-top. Here is a link to see it.. '51 DeSoto Sportsman . Can anybody tell me how many of these 2 door hard-top Sportsman DeSoto's were made in 1951?

I don't know how many of these were made. I would guess very few. My brother had one back when they were just used cars. I remember him having a drag race with my sisters boyfriend in her '50 Nash. It was probably the slowest drag race on record. They were hitting about 35mph after a city block. The Nash won by a bumper.

Referencing the Standard Catalog of American cars it appears there is some doubt about correct totals, but the best estimate is 6775 Custom Hardtops in 1951. How many are left? Some estimate a 10% survival rate for fifties cars, which would be 677, but I bet there are fewer than that. Enjoy your rare car, Todd C