Read this link on a Mustang board

Guest Dans 77 Limited

That is some post in that Mustang board! I got through the first two pages and it would not go past that into the third page, but by that point it had degenerated to personal attacks and such.

That whole discussion can have many orientations, but can end up as one massive can of worms, just as it did. Basically, if the tech tried to pull any codes out of the computer that might have been there--and found none--that's where his labor time stopped. He might have gotten a few extra tenths for a test drive, but he obviously went beyond that.

In any event, when he left for the "test drive" he should have checked out with the dispatcher/shop foreman when he left or, more appropriately, turned the car over to the service management people to drive when he found no problems.

Several years ago, there was a "true story" in the North Texas Mustang Club's newsletter on a "low power" complaint on a Mustang 5.0L GT owner. The vehicle was checked and no problems found, so the tech went with the waiting customer as he drove the car himself. After a short while, the tech asked the customer to let him drive. Seems the customer left the dealership and stood on it some and them promptly shifted into 3rd gear and then 4th gear, lugging the car around in higher gears at lower speeds it has poor throttle response. When the tech drove the car with all forward gears and plenty of throttle, the owner was impressed with what the car would do and paid his bill at the cashier. The "older" Mustang owner was driving it like he probably used to drive earlier V-8s in earlier times so the concept of "keeping the rpms up" was something new to him. It was a mutually beneficial driving lesson for both.

With that prior story, it makes me wonder if the female customer who owned the Cobra really knew what the car was about or bought it because it was "kewl"? I'd better stop there . . .

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Thanks for that update! I highly suspect the "mechanic" will be imortalized by his followers on that board, but he did committ some major indiscretions in what he did, not to mention the way he broadcast it to "the world". He bit the "forbidden fruit" and things happened as a result.

Enjoy!

NTX5467