69 430 Exhaust Manifold

erv13

Looking for a driver's (left) side exhaust manifold for my 69 Riviera 430. I've been told that one off a 400 would fit. I have also read that possibly the 455 for a span of years may also fit. Any help with my search is greatly appreciated. I am a new member and haven't gotten the magazine yet as I've read that there may me some parts cars listed in classifieds.

Thanks

Eddie

Hi Eddie and a warm Welcome to the ROA, and the ROA forum on the AACA website !

You are correct in that a 400 manifold will fit, as well as 430s, and some 455s.

Just remember you need a left side manifold  with  a flat surface to accommodate the heat riser valve.

Some of the 455 manifolds have a flat surface, but some also have tapered ends that were used for non-heat riser exhaust systems.

The bolt pattern is the same for all, and you will probably need  exhaust gaskets to seal a 'used' manifold to the head.

The original manifolds were bolted directly to the heads without gaskets but the mounting surfaces were flat and clean !

A search on the internet should yield all the part number information as to interchangeability for various years.

The various internet Buick sites are probably good sources for 'used' manifolds, as well as  'evilBay'.

430 engines were also used in Wildcats and Electra 225s so there should be no shortage of used exhaust manifolds.

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

My pleasure Eddie !

Buicks.net has a very comprehensive listing of all the Big Block Buick part numbers that includes  all the 400,430 and 455 exhaust manifold part numbers by year.

Just do a google search for 430 exhaust manifolds and it should come up.

All the members here are quite helpful !!

26 minutes ago, erv13 said:

Randy

Thanks for the warm welcome as well as the useful information. I was told joining this group was something I needed to do, I see why.

Thank you so much.

11 hours ago, 68RIVGS said:

part number information as to interchangeability for various years

Randy, I would also suggest purchasing the Buick Parts Interchange Manual that is out right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BUICK-PARTS-INTERCHANGE-MANUAL-BUYERS-GUIDE-BOOK-SKYLARK-GS400-RIVIERA-ELECTRA/310945794612?epid=1384293344&hash=item4865d04a34:g:KKsAAOSwbWZaT7Uv