Antique Battery Co.

Good news. A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Antique Battery Company because I had a battery on order with the "old" company that had not been shipped by the previous owner and the new folks asked if I still needed the battery. Of course the answer was yes and was informed that they are focusing on back orders.  I received an email from UPS yesterday that my battery should be delivered Friday.

My 62 Impala SS will be happy and my 61 Impala SS will be happy as it won't have to give up it's battery each time the 62 is shown.

Robert

• Like 2

I did receive my Antique Battery as anticipated after the "new" company contacted me.  Was packed very well and first impression of the battery was looked great since they were making a big effort to minimize the previous back orders.

I did check it's performanence and compared it to my other batteries test data I keep.  It is a bunch more CCA than my other 5 plus year old antique batteries although very close to advertized CCA's but I don't particularly concern myself with that as most batteries seem to be a few percent under CCA when delivered.

I did put it in the 62 SS as that is the one that is hardest to start!!  I'll have the 61 SS at Gettysburg but it starts very well.

Here is a photo of the happy 62 with it's new Antique battery

Reading the paperwork that came with the battery they are scheduled to be at Hershey RSA 8-13  They also have a slight change in the charging of the battery from previous but not sure of the significance of the charging rate amperage change.

Robert

1418239263_Mx3Z7H1wSPuAQojht5Vg.thumb.jpg.e2f6ecb92819d11c3af597fae8b6ae74.jpg

6 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Nice 409!  That is one clean under hood presentation.  

Thanks Terry I have put some time into the details of this one and I just noticed I cut out part of the right tag in the photo indicating a national AACA award.  I am honored also to have the car nominated for 2018 Good Guys Muscle Car of the year.  I'll see you at Gettysburg!

Robert