Pete's '65 Riviera Project

sevenevez

Hello all.

I have wanted a 65 Riviera for years, a long time. Finally i put my 1950 Ford Shoebox up for sale a couple months ago and sold it. I had a couple deals on Rivi's that just didn't pan out. I finally decided to get this one out of California. It runs good, shifts good. Body seems great. Suspension has all been redone. Rebuilt carburetor and general engine tune-up plugs points wires etc.. But! brace yourself! haha, the interior needs help! I wanted a project not a completely done car. I am really just happy to have this thing sitting in my garage. In my opinion these 63-65 Rivi's are the sexiest bodystyle GM has ever made. They can be luxury, muscle, lowrider,  traditional by just changing a few things like stance and wheels. They are such a versatile car and i am glad i got one.

I have so many questions and hope to meet some fellow Rivi owners

Enough talking here's a few pics

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by sevenevez (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Congrats on your new baby. I would strongly encourage you to become a member of the Riviera Owners Association here: rivowners.org 

As a member you will have access to several tech advisors that can answer any questions you have about your Riv.

The interior looks like a piece of cake to sort out. All the expensive items like upholstery and dash pad look to be in very good condition. The hard parts you are missing are plentiful and available.

Your car was originally a Flame Red car over black custom trim....nice. Again, congrats, big change from your last classic that`s for sure. Welcome to the `60`s!

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 3:29 AM, 1965rivgs said:

Congrats on your new baby. I would strongly encourage you to become a member of the Riviera Owners Association here: rivowners.org 

As a member you will have access to several tech advisors that can answer any questions you have about your Riv.

The interior looks like a piece of cake to sort out. All the expensive items like upholstery and dash pad look to be in very good condition. The hard parts you are missing are plentiful and available.

Your car was originally a Flame Red car over black custom trim....nice. Again, congrats, big change from your last classic that`s for sure. Welcome to the `60`s!

Tom Mooney

thanks, Tom. i will look into that. I started working on it this past weekend. Not looking as bad as i thought it was as far as the interior.

1 minute ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

Is this the car that was posted by the young owner in 2013? If it is the same car would you care to share what happened in the last five years that allowed you to get it?

Hi Bill, i'm not sure about the whole 2013 young guy thing. But, i got it from an old navy vet in California. He was very nice and helpful. I may have paid a little more than she was worth but i was getting sick of tracking down the right project and shipping a vehicle and flying out to see one etc.. I got to drive there and check themout in person then make a decision. He had a silver 63 and this 65. i chose the 65. I sold my '50 last month and he was interested in trading both the Rivi's for it. So once i sold the '50 i went back and told him i would be interested in one of his Riviera's. And here we are

2 minutes ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

It must not be the same car. I checked the ongoing thread, and David's project was continuing as of 5/1 of this year. You might take a look at his project, it's something to behold.-Bill 

do you have a link to it?