Steering Column Jacket-1941 Super 56C

Jimmy D

I've never really looked at them carefully, but how different can they be between large and small series? A Roadmaster uses the same body as the Super and I haven't seen any evidence that the steering columns are different diameters or placed at different angles. It might be worth a try to see if that part fits your car. I can't imagine that they'd make a part for the least common '41 Buicks and not the most common ones. It might just be an error in the listing. There are Supers running around with new ones on them, surely they must exist.

Thanks for your reply. From my understanding, from the cowl forward, the Super is smaller than the Roadmaster.  The front end of the Roadmaster is bigger. I have my old jacket, (it's broken in 3 pieces and very brittle) the hole for the steering column is much lower to the center of the jacket vs. the one for the Roadmaster, which the cut out hole is closer to the top of the jacket. If the Roadmaster jacket is used on the Super, the location of the hole (on the jacket) would make the bottom of the jacket to long and won't match up to the cowl opening. I looked at the pictures on Bob's site and they also mentioned that the series 60, 70 and 90 would not work with the series Super convertible, series 50. My old jacket is so bad that it can't be used so I will keep looking. If you any other ideas, please let me know. Thank You for your reply. Jim

Thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea there would be two separate parts for such a similar job. Then again, I'm frequently amazed by how many unique parts Buick put in otherwise very similar cars. Let us know if you find a supplier, there are surely new parts available. There's a fresh-looking rubber part on my '41 Super convertible--it had to come from somewhere, right?

Good luck with the search!