Funny car stories

Buick35

A couple of these stories are true, but I'm not sure about the others. While watching the opening commercials at a movie theater a number of years ago they were advertising a Nissan 350z. My wife looked at me and said" what do they mean by 35 ounce?" There was a radio talk show recording of a woman complaining about the deer crossing signs being placed on rural roads and suggested installing them closer to the city crosswalks to cut down on the road kill casualties. After car manufactures moved the headlight dimmer switch from the floor to the steering column there were a number of cases of women getting their foot stuck in the steering wheel. Last week while out in my garage my next door elderly lady came over and said all four of her turn signals were flashing and she didn't know why and was afraid it would drain her battery. She somehow pushed the emergency flashers on. I'll admitted it took me awhile to find the switch. I'm sure there's a lot of other humorous car stories out there. Women,gotta love em!

So I have a friend whose teenage daughter got into some trouble.

As part of her punishment he arranged for her to spend a day as a volunteer at the local fire house.

The chief told her to go out and wash the ambulance.

She came in a few minutes later and asked him to come out and roll up the windows.

He opened the door and turned the crank. She had never seen that before.

My youngest daughter was riding in my 46 Chrysler (clock works) and I caught her counting on her fingers to figure out what time it was. (she has seen analog clocks before but didn't know how to read one).

When I was young and dumb, a friend of my father was keeping his "project" car in our garage. As I remember, it was about a 36 or 38 coupe with a big V8 installed. I decided one day when no one else was home that I wanted to hear how it sounded. Having NO knowledge of cars, I turned the key to start it.  YES, it was in gear, and I put one of the bumper brackets through the door of our upright freezer. (The keys were not left in the car after that)