BCA 2018 Denver Meet Prewar Buick Parking

Mark Shaw

As National Director of the BCA Pre-War Division (PWD), I informed the BCA Board that the PWD will invoke procedure #5 of the BCA Standard Operating Procedures to park all PWD Buicks chronologically regardless of judging class for the Denver meet.

SOP Procedure #5

·       4.1 National Meets:  Members of a Division are encouraged to present their cars at the annual BCA National Meet.

·       4.1.1 There may be a class or classes for the Division’s cars on the show field.

·       4.1.2 The Division will develop the method by which the Division’s cars are judged and by which awards are presented to cars in that Division.

With agreement from the BOD & Chief Judge, all prewar Buicks will parked all-together for any class, judged or not judged, at the Denver meet.  The PWD encourages participation in regular BCA  judging, but will not provide any special awards. 

PWD members who attend the 2018 meet are being asked to help park all prewar cars chronologically in Classes A B C & D.  So, when you arrive, please assist the Denver meet parking team and other prewar Buick owners as needed.  I have offered to coordinate with the Denver group on the show field parking layout so we can park all together.  However, I expect that some in the modified class and maybe a few others may feel uncomfortable parking all together.  So, I ask those assisting the parking team to welcome all BCA prewar Buick owners to park with us, but please do not insist if they feel more comfortable parking elsewhere.  I am confident that BCA members and the general public will be able to more easily compare Buicks in different judging classes and better appreciate the many product developments in early Buicks when they are displayed all-together. 

Mark Shaw

BCA PWD National Director

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 6