March 18, 1933 Studebaker goes into receivership

Danoz; Mr. Erskine didn't quit resign but was relieved of his employment contract. Also, bad blood between Erskine and the judge involved with the receivership led to the judge leaving Erskine out of the restructuring , adding one more problem to Mr. Erskines life at that time. Any of you with more insight or information, in this matter feel free to chime in.

Mr.Erskine is interred in Maple Hill cemetery in Huntsville, Al. and every year we have a cemetery stroll where locals portray some of the famous and infamous people buried there.

We have about 70 characters dressed in period correct costumes raising money for the restoration of the historical part of the cemetery. I play Mr. Erskine for the afternoon. This is reported to be the largest costumed  cemetery stroll in the country, with over 10,000 in attendance.  Danoz; Again, thanks for the help with the 27 cowl lights. Mr. Erskine ended his own life July 1, 1933. You have to wonder if things would have turned out differently had he had a part with restructuring. I hope I've got this right.

Commander Dave of Huntsville, Al.  

7 hours ago, commander Dave said:

Danoz; Mr. Erskine didn't quit resign but was relieved of his employment contract. Also, bad blood between Erskine and the judge involved with the receivership led to the judge leaving Erskine out of the restructuring , adding one more problem to Mr. Erskines life at that time. Any of you with more insight or information, in this matter feel free to chime in.

Mr.Erskine is interred in Maple Hill cemetery in Huntsville, Al. and every year we have a cemetery stroll where locals portray some of the famous and infamous people buried there.

We have about 70 characters dressed in period correct costumes raising money for the restoration of the historical part of the cemetery. I play Mr. Erskine for the afternoon. This is reported to be the largest costumed  cemetery stroll in the country, with over 10,000 in attendance.  Danoz; Again, thanks for the help with the 27 cowl lights. Mr. Erskine ended his own life July 1, 1933. You have to wonder if things would have turned out differently had he had a part with restructuring. I hope I've got this right.

Commander Dave of Huntsville, Al.  

Very interesting i appreciate the info, i'm a big history nut. I think i recall reading he shot himself twice in the chest in his study, man that had to hurt ,i imagine he chose that method to spare his family at the viewing. Your cemetery stroll sounds awesome my daughter graduates from Mount Ida College in Newton Mass in 3 months she will be a licensed funeral director , she has been working in the industry for almost four years now, so you cant go five minutes around here without some type of funeral related conversation! I do have a few rules around the dinner table though!

Danoz; Actually Erskine was in his bedroom's bathroom when it ended. His personal butler was reportedly the last one to see him alive, and Erskine told the butler to have his son, Russ Jr. to come see him in a little while. Russ Jr. was down stairs having breakfast with his mother and some of her relatives who were visiting at the time. The butler said he heard a muffled pop but didn't think anything of it because of the 4th of July weekend. His son Russ Jr. found him and some notes his Dad had left behind. Such a tragic ending for a man who had accomplished so much. As a side note, I visited the Erskine mansion during the International meet in South Bend last May and was given a short tour by the people living there at the time and can testify to the beautiful wood work etc. inside. The doors are quite thick. Russ Jr. went on to be a good businessman and at one time owned a Lincoln dealership. I have talked to his 2 children and both had very good things to say about him. He too is interred in the same mausoleum as his dad here in Huntsville. Very interesting that you too are a history buff. And very interesting about your daughter, and good for you to keep conversations within certain limits. Although I think it's pretty cool. There are several articles written about Mr. Erskine you might enjoy reading. Thank you;  Commander Dave

• Like 1